General Manager – Manufacturing
Our client is a plastics manufacturing company dealing in the production of different shapes of plastic containers and caps.
The General Manager will provide an oversight role in all operations of the company in the different departments and ensure maximization of outputs and profits for the benefit of all stakeholders.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the development and implementation of the company strategy to grow the business operations.
- Ensure the development and implementation of the company strategic plan by studying technological and financial opportunities, presenting assumptions and recommending objectives.
- Accomplishes subsidiary objectives by establishing plans, budgets and results measurement; allocating resources, reviewing progress; making mid-term corrections
- Coordinated efforts by establishing procurement, production, marketing, field and technical services policies and practices
- Builds company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations and employees enforcing ethical business practices
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards that ensure overall delivery and quality of the company’s product offerings to customers.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state of the art practices; participating in professional societies
- Coordinate the development of key performance goals for functions and direct reports.
- Ensure the development of tactical programs to pursue targeted goals and objectives of the company.
- Provide general guidance and monitoring of business technical teams on Machine Maintenance and production processes.
- Manage and develop relationships with all key or targeted suppliers to ensure constant supply of raw materials for continued production.
- Oversee key hiring and talent management programs for the company.
- Evaluate and decide upon key investments in equipment, infrastructure and general business investments.
- Build critical stakeholder holder engagements aimed at boosting business growth.
- Provide monthly financial and other key reports to the Chief Executive Officer and other company executives.
- Perform any other related tasks that may be assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Industrial Technology or any other related qualification.
- Professional certification and/ or qualification in CGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practices) is a must.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience in Plastics Manufacturing, three (5) of which at a Manager level in a busy environment.
- Working knowledge of business ERP Systems is an added advantage.
- Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused.
- Ability to assess problems and develop solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and excellent organization skills.
*Expatriates and Ugandan Nationals will be considered*
|Job Category||Management, Manufacturing|
|Salary||$2,500 - $3,000 Gross|