Our client, a leading Real Estate company in Uganda, is looking for a Property Manager to join their team.
The Property Manager (PM) is the operations officer for a set number of properties. He or she is responsible for the assigned properties, site and land and Building Managers report to him or her. The PM is fully accountable for all day to day property operations, overseeing and enhancing the value of the property.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Demonstrate ability to understand financial goals, operate asset in owners’ best interest in accordance with Policies & Procedures Manual.
- Maintain accurate records of all community transactions and submit on timely basis (i.e., rent rolls, delinquency reports, move-in/move-outs, etc.).
- Prepare annual budgets and income projections in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure that all rents and late fees/check charges are collected, posted and deposited in a timely manner.
- Generate necessary legal action, documents and process in accordance with local law and business guidelines.
- Provide constant vendor/contractor communications concerning scheduling, billing, vendor relations and certificates of insurance.
- Ensure that relevant invoices are submitted to the tenant office for payment, handle petty cash and all funds.
- Liaising with building managers to ensure that the building is at its highest standard and all financial transactions like rent are collection are done in a timely manner
- Responsibility for initiating rate setting at for each rentable unit in liaison with the building manager and seeking approval as per set approval levels
- Ensure collection is rigorous and all buildings managers are in compliance
- Ensure property is rented to fullest capacity.
- Utilize marketing strategies to secure prospective residents.
- Confirm that leasing staff techniques are effective in obtaining closing.
- Confirm that Building Managers gather information about market competition in the area and file.
- Continually monitor and analyse traffic logs, conversion ratios, budget guidelines, renewal information, marketing data, etc., to be able to give up-to-date and proper information when requested by others.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all the times as directed.
- Ensure all legal documentation is in place as per checklist to confirm appropriate gorverance
- Prepare and/or implement procedures and systems within company guidelines to ensure orderly, efficient workflow.
- Confirm all leases and corresponding paperwork are completed and input to software System accurately and on a timely basis.
- Ensure current resident files are properly maintained.
- Ensure all administrative paperwork is accurate, complete and submitted on a timely basis.
- Set up emergency team for community with Building Manager. Ensure proper response and handling of all community emergencies with staff, residents, buildings, etc. within company guidelines to minimize liabilities (i.e., criminal activity on community, employee/resident injuries, fires, floods, freezes, etc.).
- Ensuring that the building overall has been maintained in accordance to guideline and all tenant information is complete and relevant documents attached as per checklist
- Ensure relevant analytical reports are issued routinely
- Deal with resident concerns and requests on timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction with management.
- Develop and/or implement resident retention programs (i.e., resident functions, special promotions, monthly newsletters, etc.).
- Ensure distribution of all company or community-issued notices (i.e., bad weather, emergency, etc.).
- Consistently implement policies of the community.
- Ensure sales of tenancy or for the building part parcel where appropriate
- Responsible for staffing requirements at the assigned establishments
- Consistently use successful techniques and company directives to screen, hire, orient and train new personnel.
- Ensure efficiency of staff through ongoing training, instruction, counselling and leadership.
- Plan weekly/daily office staff schedules and assignments.
- Coordinate maintenance schedule and assignments with Maintenance Supervisor/administrator.
- Administer action plans consistently, and on a timely basis with performance problems. Document appropriately, communicate situation to supervisor(s) and relevant individual, Human Resources Manager, and terminate properly when necessary.
- Provide support to staff to encourage team work and lead as an example in creating a harmonious environment.
- Ensure all administrative processes involving personnel are handled on a timely basis (i.e., performance evaluations, salary reviews, time sheets, change of status forms, etc.).
- Maintain community appearance and ensure repairs are noted and completed on timely basis. This requires regular community inspections and tours.
- Assure quality and quantity of market ready apartments
- Ensure that models and market ready apartments/shops and outlets are walked daily and communicate any service related needs to maintenance.
- Ensure that all service requests are recorded and communicated appropriately to maintenance.
- Ensure that all approvals are obtained from the appropriate authority
- Ensure material usage is controlled and accounted for
- Learn and ensure compliance with all company, local, safety rules of the relevant authority
- Ensure that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
- Direct staff to follow a “safety first” principle.
- Ensure adequate levels of hygiene and health and safety is in place
- Ensures adequate security protocols and adequate levels is inplace
Other key deliverables
- Establishes rental rate by surveying local rental rates; calculating overhead costs, depreciation, taxes, and profit goals.
- Attracts tenants by advertising vacancies; obtaining referrals from current tenants; explaining advantages of location and services; showing units.
- Contracts with tenants by negotiating leases; collecting security deposit.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by collecting rents; paying bills; forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Maintains property by investigating and resolving tenant complaints; enforcing rules of occupancy; inspecting vacant units and completing repairs; planning renovations; contracting with landscaping and snow removal services
- Maintains building systems by contracting for maintenance services; supervising repairs.
- Secures property by contracting with security patrol service; installing and maintaining security devices; establishing and enforcing precautionary policies and procedures; responding to emergencies.
- Enforces occupancy policies and procedures by confronting violators.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- College degree preferred.
- Certified Property Manager (CPM) or any relevant accreditation preferred.
- Position requires a minimum of 2 years on-site as a Leasing Consultant or building/facilities manager
- Demonstrate ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and initiate appropriate course of action.
- Effectively convey ideas, images and goals
- Must possess a positive attitude and service orientation
- Competence in personal computer skills, keyboard, internet search, maths, Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of OSHA laws and regulations.
- Be able to work evenings and weekends.
- Comply with expectations as demonstrated in the Employee Handbook.
*Expatriates and Ugandan Nationals will be considered*
|Job Category||Property Management, Real Estate|
|Salary||$1,200 gross monthly salary|